Reports to: Managing
The job holder is responsible for the development and implementation of the UK Asset Care plan and also identifying/supporting and implementing new products and process project opportunities by completing CAPEX/engineering/technical/products projects on time and in full. They will ensure that all tasks are carried out safely and effectively meeting all procedural and quality requirements. The job holder is expected to be a role model at all times and drive business improvement.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Manage Health and Safety ensuring a Zero Accident mentality.
- The co-ordination and implementation of a business wide Asset Care Plan.
- Leads teams in the development of and completion of new products, solutions, and process projects on time and within budget. This includes liaising with customers, sales and Group companies to ensure new products and processes meet all the stakeholder requirements as defined in the original project scope.
- Provide project plan as part of the SLT for approval including scope, cost, timelines, risk, quality issues and communications. Outline the key deliverables and milestones.
- Communicates and collaborate with the SLT, stakeholders and contractors.
- Have daily agile-driven, open communications with the Engineering and Asset Care Team based on objective data.
- Determines new products and process project specifications by researching and studying customer requirements, product design and performance standards of different type of assets to optimise the process.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Ensure projects adhere to the quality system ISO 9001, BRC-loop.
- Communicate with stakeholders, updating regularly on progress and ensure projects still align with changing company objectives.
- Escalation of issues through the business reporting structure.
- Liaison with other functions e.g. manufacturing, planning, sales, finance, logistics and HR and customers on projects.
- Continuous improvement activities.
- Manage, support, develops and evaluate performance of the Engineering and Asset Care Team Leaders and ensure this is cascaded to the wider Team via the Team Leaders. Acts as the standard setter for this within the business.
- Develop skills matrix and training material for the Engineering and Asset Care team, and supporting talent development and succession planning.
- In collaboration with HR, responsible for recruitment within your team.
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of Health and Safety Accidents and Incidents within target.
- Risk Assessments completed to target as applicable for new products and processes projects and compliance to safety and occupational health regulations
- Process Capability
- Successful introduction of new Products and Processes to meet the sales growth of the business aligned with a 3 year plan.
- Maintenance and CAPEX spend
- Completion of projects within scope, budget, time and on time and in full
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Candidates are expected to have, or eventually progress towards the following:
- Experience in managing a team within the engineering field
- Formal Health and Safety management skills training
- Engineering aptitude, Mechanical, or Electrical or Technical, ideally at degree level
- Project management experience and operating a Stage Gate process for new Product and Process introduction.
- Project management qualifications desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of Asset Care processes ideally 9 step or TPM standards .
- Continuous improvement techniques, - Lean-Sigma Yellow Belt desirable but not essential
- Quality systems awareness. E.g. ISO
- Root cause analysis and problem solving techniques.
- IT literate with experience of MS Office and/or MS Project
- Ability to train, coach and mentor others
- Experience in working in a medium-sized industrial company
- Experience of working within plastics is advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Leads by example.
- Be able to motivate and facilitate project team.
- Able to manage and co-ordinate activities effectively
- Capable and willing to promote a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Ability to think in a structured and holistic way, to analyze issues comprehensibly and efficiently
- Team oriented, goal oriented; motivational and cooperation-based
- Manages resources and budgets across multiple departments.
- Solid technical expertise
- Persuasive personality, focus on integration
- Strong communicator and negotiator
- Commercially aware
- Awareness of manufacturing methods and procedures
- Excellent communicator, with internal stakeholders and building relationships with customers
- Excellent writing and documentation skills for report writing
Unspecified Duties: This job description reflects the immediate requirements and objectives of the post. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but gives a general indication of the work undertaken which may vary in detail in light of changing demands and priorities.
Schedule: Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours
Development steps: MD/Group Operational Support Team
Do you have any questions, require additional information or wish to apply for the position?
If so, please contact Julie Tregay, HR Manager on 01692 400023 or via email on email@example.com.
We aim to contact you within 2 days.
07 Feb 2023
Copyright Weener 2023