Weener Plastics is a full service global supplier of innovative plastic packaging solutions. The company designs, develops and manufactures added value Caps, Closures, Roll-on Balls, Jars and Bottles for the Personal Care, Food & Beverage and Home Care markets.
Weener Plastics employs about 4,700 people and has 26 facilities in 18 countries worldwide with Headquarters in Ede, The Netherlands.
Vision, Mission and Values: WE CARE, WE INSPIRE, WE DELIVER.
The Role: Based at our North Walsham branch, we are looking for Machine Setters / Plastic Moulders which will be responsible for ensuring self-sufficiency of an operational team. The role forms part of one area on a shift team which will include moulding. Working closely with the Team Leader they will be responsible for day to day operations within the department including tool and colour changes as well as improvement and process control.
Reporting To: Team Leader
Shift Patterns: The Shift Setter will be required to work for our 24/7 business working 12 hour shifts. The weekly hours are 42 per week, divided into 3.5 shifts per week over a two week period. Hours are from 6.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. and from 6.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. alternating. You will also be requested to complete a 15 minute handover per shift as overtime.
- The set-up of all equipment to ensure production optimisation including tool preparation & tool maintenance;
- Work closely with the Team Leader to meet daily production plans to the required standard;
- General housekeeping duties;
- Set machines within timeframes ensuring they produce parts and run efficiently;
- Assist operators on requirements of the process;
- Health and Safety awareness ensuring a zero accident mentality;
- Manufacturing performance to plan including recording, resolving and escalating issues to meet defined Quality Criteria;
- Process control and continuous improvement;
- Tool and colour changes in accordance with the process settings and necessary fault finding;
- Facilitating the training/mentoring/induction of colleagues;
- Team cover on other duties e.g. packing;
- Problem solving within the cell;
- Material movement and control;
- Identification and implementation of waste reduction initiatives;
- Proper packaging of the produced goods and disposal of the waste;
- Maintenance of a safe, clean, and tidy work area in cooperation with the other shift workers;
- Shift handovers;
- Completion of relevant documentation in a legible manner, on time and in full · Safety checks on injection moulding machines;
- Record process change adjustments.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Health and Safety awareness;
- FMCG / Factory experience essential;
- Plastics industry experience essential;
- HNC or HND desirable;
- GCSE passes at average or above level in Maths and English or equivalent is essential;
- Injection moulding or blow moulding experience desirable;
- Engineering aptitude.
- Ability to assess risk and work safely;
- Positive attitude and work ethic, with the ability to work in a team or independently;
- Ability to work to company procedures;
- Reliable timekeeping and attendance;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A desire to meet and exceed customer expectations in terms of quality of product;
- Attention to detail;
- Continuous improvement desire;
- Problem solving ability Flexibility and adaptability.
Salary: £24,000.00-£30,000.00 per annum.
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Employee referral programme
- Career progressions
- Shut down period over Christmas
COVID-19 rules and regulations for on-site visits are provided upon entry.
Please email Marina Maytum, HR Manager, a copy of your CV and covering letter. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
12 Jan 2022