Purpose of Role
Based at our North Walsham branch, we are looking for multiple multi skilled Maintenance Engineers which will be responsible for first line maintenance, repairs and servicing of factory assets including injection moulding machines and ancillary equipment.
The Shift Technician will be required to work for our 24/7 business working 12 hour shifts. The weekly hours are 42 per week, divided into 3.5 shifts per week over a two week period. Hours are from 6.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. and from 6.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. alternating. You will also be requested to complete a 15 minute handover per shift as overtime.
Please note that we may consider Trainees if they already have a basic understanding of Engineering.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Maintenance performance to plan including recording, resolving and escalating issues to meet defined Quality Criteria;
- Process control and continuous improvement projects;
- Risk assess, Document and communicate process/services modifications;
- Planned maintenance and manage Operator Asset Care to plan, including machine and services safety systems;
- Problem solving within the department;
- Identification of replacement parts and work to ensure the most cost effective option.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Mechanical / electrical / electronic qualification at approved and certified national competence;
- Process knowledge within moulding and process control;
- Good understanding of all aspects of automation, including technical poke, yoke methodology;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent team working skills to work collaboratively with colleagues and communicate effectively in order to meet the business objectives;
- Ability to assess risk and work safely;
- Problem solving ability and attention to detail.
Salary: £35,000.00-£41,000.00 per annum.
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Employee referral programme
- Career progressions
- Shut down period over Christmas
COVID-19 rules and regulations for on-site visits are provided upon entry.
About Weener Plastics
Weener Plastics (WP) is a leading producer of high-quality and complex plastic packaging products. The UK's North Walsham plant designs, develops and produces caps and closures. Sustainability is an important and integral part of our strategy. We take all kinds of measures and initiatives to reduce our own environmental footprint and we help customers to reduce theirs by offering more sustainable solutions. Customers are manufacturers of multinational brands as well as private labels in the personal care, food and household industries. As part of the worldwide Weener group, we continuously focus on technological innovation. A highly advanced machine park ensures that products can be made seven days a week, 24 hours a day at the North Walsham plant.
Do you have any questions, require additional information or wish to apply for the position?
If so, please contact Julie Tregay, HR Manager on 01692 400023 or via email on email@example.com.
We aim to contact you within 2 days.
13 Jan 2022