Purpose of Role
As a key member of the site leadership team the Quality Manager shall effectively manage all aspects of Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental systems. Leading the development, implementation, and continuous improvement in QHSE policies, procedures, and strategies.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Monitor the implementation of the Company's QHSE management system and propose improvements (where appropriate)
- Develop and coordinate execution of Company's internal and external audit programme
- Lead management reviews relating to the Company's QHSE management system
- Provide guidance and information to management and employees on QHSE legislation and QHSE matters
- Oversee undertaking QHSE inductions for all new employees
- Liaise with external QHSE professionals and advisors
- Provide the Managing Director with management information and advice on the development of QHSE policies
- Liaise with Group Company QHSE departments on matters that relate to system implementation
- Coordinate and liaise with certification bodies
- Undertake any other duties as the Company may reasonably require.
- Effective management of quality resources
- Report all Quality, Health and Safety, and Environmental concerns to the Managing Director
- Ensure that safety policies and procedures are implemented, understood, and adhered to, so as far as is reasonably practicable to ensure a safe working environment
- Oversee management of Customer satisfaction / complaint management
- Provide management reports and data on KPI's to QHSE
- Promote a proactive commitment to Weener Plastics QHSE initiatives
- Support peers in developing a 'can do' / continual improvement mindset within the company
- Implement robust process controls to eradicate waste
- Planning and undertaking of company wide QHSE awareness training events
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years' QHSE management experience working in a fast paced, high volume Plastic Injection moulding industry
- Ideally membership of professional body, Quality CQI and IOSH.
- Lead Auditor for ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, BRC, ISO 14001 and understanding of ISO 45001
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, preferably six sigma Black Belt
- Always demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interact with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with peers to influence decisions or ways of working
- Strong team player with the ability to work effectively unsupervised
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible team player.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills.
- Promotes a positive quality and safety attitude across the business
- Quality is consistently above established standards and in accordance with procedures.
- Actively contribute to the continual improvement to the business and seek ways to make improvements to working methods and efficiencies in line with the Company core values
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and operate in a fast- paced environment.
This job description reflects the immediate requirements and objectives of the post. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but gives a general indication of the work undertaken which may vary in detail in light of changing demands and priorities.
About Weener Plastics
Weener Plastics (WP) is a leading producer of high-quality and complex plastic packaging products. The UK's North Walsham plant designs, develops and produces caps and closures. Sustainability is an important and integral part of our strategy. We take all kinds of measures and initiatives to reduce our own environmental footprint and we help customers to reduce theirs by offering more sustainable solutions. Customers are manufacturers of multinational brands as well as private labels in the personal care, food and household industries. As part of the worldwide Weener group, we continuously focus on technological innovation. A highly advanced machine park ensures that products can be made seven days a week, 24 hours a day at the North Walsham plant.
Do you have any questions, require additional information or wish to apply for the position?
If so, please contact Julie Tregay, HR Manager on 01692 400023 or via email on email@example.com.
We aim to contact you within 2 days.
31 Oct 2022