Dear valued Customer,
Weener Plastics takes the health and safety of its employees, customers and suppliers extremely seriously. Since the spread of the coronavirus disease, we have monitored developments and implemented corrective actions in-line with advice from the WHO and local governments, combined with further initiatives that we as a company feel are appropriate.
The objective of this letter is to inform you of some of the actions we are currently taking and how we will continue to monitor developments. We will do our utmost to continue to provide you our loyal customer with a reliable supply of good quality products.
The Executive Management Team of the company holds daily review meetings and is in regular contact with our local businesses around the world to ensure comprehensive dissemination of information and the roll out of best practice. Examples of the actions currently being taken include:
The well-being of our employees
- The implementation of a travel ban for all but essential travel.
- Regular handwashing including the provision of additional hand sanitation units in all our facilities.
- Encouraging staff wherever possible to work from home - we have provided additional computers etc. to facilitate this.
- Office staff who do attend work are encouraged to occupy single rooms where possible or have a separation of at least 2 meters.
- Production staff have been segregated between areas of the shop floor wherever possible and do not meet at shift handovers.
- Additional precautions have been implemented in communal areas e.g. canteens, with increased cleaning, spacing of staff between tables and staff requested to bring their own food and cutlery.
- Visits to our sites are actively discouraged and postponed. All visitors must declare any exposure to affected people and that they feel well with a normal body temperature before being allowed access to our facilities.
The protection of our supply chains
- Maximising on site and off site stocks of raw materials and finished goods.
- Ongoing dialogue with our logistics providers.
- Proactive discussions with our customers.
- Review and optimization of production schedules as the situation develops.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your local contacts.
Chief Executive Officer
Weener Plastics Group
18 Mar 2020